House fire kills man in Benton County, Mo.
Updated On: Dec 12 2013 05:33:13 PM CST
A man died when a fire destroyed a house in southeast Benton County.
Sheriff Rick Fajen says the call came into 9-1-1 dispatchers just before 5 a.m. on Nov. 13. When the first firefighters arrived on Vixen Avenue, the home was fully engulfed.
Fajen says he does not suspect foul play. An autopsy and DNA test identified the man several days later as Landon Stafford, 36. He died of smoke inhalation.
The house had a wood burning stove and space heaters, but it's not known what started the fire.
Copyright, Schurz Communications Inc.